What is Leadership Tompkins?
Leadership Tompkins engages a diverse group of aspiring and existing community leaders in building networks, developing leadership skills, and raising awareness of local issues.
Why Leadership Tompkins?
Through Leadership Tompkins, participants will:
- Immerse themselves in the community through several interactive workshops - including facility tours, service outings, volunteer opportunities, training workshops, guest speakers, and networking events
- Become more aware of and engaged in current issues facing the region
- Set realistic goals for personal leadership development
- Expand local network of mentors, community leaders, and resources
- Learn how local leaders apply leadership skills to tackle community issues
- Be matched with a Community Coach in a mentor relationship
- Gain skills that will prepare participants for future involvement as a non-profit board member, community volunteer, or public servant